Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Preschool Thanksgiving Feast

My little Emma turns 3 tomorrow!  We celebrated her birthday today in preschool.

We played some fun Thanksgiving games before our feast.  This game is called, Roll a Thanksgiving Dinner.  Students roll a food cube and if they have that food on their plate they cover it with the matching food card. 

 
Emma was so excited she finished her Thanksgiving dinner first.

 



 Next up was Pin the Hat on the Turkey.  The girls loved this game, but I think they may have peeked.;)
 


 

While I prepped the food the girls colored their placemat.  Download the placemat HERE.
 

Then the girls helped me set the table.  They passed out the plates, napkins and forks.
 

 


 They wore a little pilgrim outfit during the feast.  So cute!
 


 We had olives, pickles, popcorn, cheese, pretzels, turkey, marshmallows, rolls and pumpkin pie.  Note to self: never have that much food for two little girls.  I guess I am use to 20 plus students.:)  These two cuties are always asking for more snack, but today they barely ate anything.  Each of them had leftovers to take home.
 
 
After free play we played, Turkey's Colorful Feathers.  We have been working on colors so this game was perfect for them.  To play, each student spins the paper clip on the spinner.  They identify the color the paperclip lands on and takes that color feather.  I had each girl spin 5 times. 

  

We went back to the table and glued the feathers onto our turkey.  When their turkey was complete, I pointed to each feather and had them tell me the color.  I wish I took a picture of the completed turkeys they turned out really cute.  I will try to put all of the games we played together and put it in my TPT store so you can play them with your class or family. 
 
2 Thanksgiving feasts done, 1 birthday party to go.  I will make sure to post pictures of Emma's 3rd birthday party.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Haha love that note to self! No one ever minds some extra pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great ideas for toddlers! Looks like they had a ton of fun

    ReplyDelete