Friday, December 4, 2015

Emma's 3rd Birthday-Part 1

Emma's birthday party was a success!  I was so happy how everything turned out.  Believe me when I say Emma helped with everything.  She loves to make things and help out Mommy.  Let's start with how we prepped and decorated for the party...
Emma insisted on having a piñata for the party.  Wal-Mart does not sell Bubble Guppies party supplies anymore.  At least at our Wal-Mart in Utah.  Luckily I got some plates and stickers on sale before they ended selling them for good.  I found the piñata on Oriental Trading.  They have all of the party supplies for Bubble Guppies on there. 
My kids filled the piñata.  They loved it!  They wanted to fill another piñata when they were all done with the Bubble Guppies one.:)  Even Adam was putting them in.

I wanted to make an ocean scene for this party.  I bought a few blue plastic tablecloths from Dollar Tree.  Then I taped it to the counter and had it drape to the floor.  Emma and Adam had so much with it up.  They would run in and out of it.  It entertained them for an hour or so. 


 

 I found these big coloring pages on sale at Wal-Mart.  Emma and I colored some of them and hung them on the wall.  They worked perfectly to decorate the party area.  When I taught Kindergarten, I would buy big coloring books for the holidays from Costco or Sam's Club.  I would color some of the pictures in the book, laminate them, and hang them on the walls for the holidays.  The kids loved the big pictures and my walls would look great. 
 
 




 
 To add to the ocean scene I used green crepe paper for seaweed.  It is super easy to do.  Just tape the bottom of the seaweed to the wall or tablecloth and twist a few times, then tape the top.  I printed out some fish and starfish on different colored cardstock to put in our ocean.  Then to finish it off I typed some messages for the birthday girl in talking bubbles.  If you have seen Bubble Guppies you know the fish say things, so I put the talking bubbles by the fish.  Emma and Adam really enjoyed putting up the fish.
 

The morning of Emma's birthday she received two special phone calls.  The first one was from her Grandma Warner (my mom).  She loved talking to Grandma first thing in the morning.  I remember all the times my Grandma and Grandpa Nelson would call me on my birthdays.  It meant so much to me and I know Emma and Adam will love it too. 

Then Molly, Gil and Bubble Puppy called Emma.  She was on cloud 9.  She could not believe that some of the Bubble Guppies called her.  Emma is still talking about it.  Check out Nick Jr. Birthday Club  to get a personalized birthday phone call for your birthday girl or boy.  It was so easy to do and I know your child will love to receive a call from their favorite Nick Jr. character.
 
For every birthday my amazing mom would have everyone in the family decorate a poster and then hang it on the garage for everyone to see.  We loved seeing the posters on our birthday and reading what our siblings wrote.  It meant a lot to each one of us growing up.  I wanted to do something similar for my kids so I made this sign on the computer, laminated it, and attached a ribbon to it.  It looked so cute on our front door. 
 
I had Bubble Guppies music playing on the TV during the party.  I found the music on YouTube. 
 

Here are some of the games we played during the party.  The green bucket has balls for the game 'Fishketball.'  I wanted basketballs, but I already had the little baseballs so I decided to just use those.  Then I made a Bubble Guppies bingo game.  If you would like a copy of it just let me know.:) 
 
This is the favor Emma passed out at the end of the party.  A bag of Swedish fish is attached to the fish bowl tag.  I got the idea here.

I bought some blue glass pebbles at Dollar Tree and a glass fish bowl.  I counted the pebbles before putting them in the bowl to have this be a guessing game.  The Molly and Bubble Puppy figures are from Wal-Mart.  When the guests arrived they would guess how many "bubbles" were in the fish bowl and write it on a piece of paper.  The person that guessed the closest won a prize!
 
I have an easel, I bought from Target, I decorate for all the holidays.  I made sure to change it for Emma's party.  I had so many stickers, I had to use them.  I just attached a piece of Scotch tape to the back of each sticker, and then to the easel.  It gave it a 3D look.  Plus when it came time to clean up I just pulled off the sticker and tape, and I didn't have to try to scrape off a sticker. 
 

Stayed tuned, tomorrow I will post more of Emma's party.  Have a great night!
 

2 comments:

  1. So many great party tips Britt! I love that the kids help so much! You make parties so fun for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sister friend! Thank you for helping with the desserts. You are the best!:)

      Delete