Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Adam's 1st Birthday-Part 1

I can't believe my little Adam turned one!  He has grown up so fast.  To celebrate his big day we had a farm party.  He loves animals so I thought it would be a great pick. 
 

First up we made a fence out of a trifold project board.  I just free handed the fence with a ruler and then cut it out.  I thought it turned out really cute and it was exactly what I wanted for the pig pen.
 
Adam and Emma had to help with every step.

I wanted two fences so I just traced the 1st one on the second half of the board.
 
Next up... the pigs for our pig pen. 
 
The piggy's were super easy.  Blow up pink balloons and add pink construction paper ears and a snout, and draw eyes with a black Sharpie. 

Here is the finished pig pen.  I think it was my favorite part of the party.

 Emma and Adam loved playing in the pig pen before the party started.

We had to run a few errands before the party.  Adam is such a sweetheart!

Back at home we finished up the chicken coop.  I bought the egg cartons at Wal-Mart one year during an Easter sale.  They were filled with confetti eggs.  I threw away the eggs, but I kept the egg cartons.  They can be used for so many things.  I made a cute label that said, 'Fresh Eggs' for each egg carton. 


For the favor I bought Chex mix (Wal-Mart) and Cow Tails (Dollar Tree).  I put some of the Chex mix in cellophane baggies for each guest.  I bought the bandana fabric at Hobby Lobby and cut it into squares.  I wrapped the Chex mix baggie and the cow tail with the fabric, and tied it off with twine and a cute tag. 

 

 These are pictures I took of Adam each month.  I put a clipart tractor at the front of the line so it looked like it was pulling all of the pictures.   I love the way it looked! 

 I enlarged farm animal clipart and colored it to hang on the walls for decoration.

On the front door I had a sign to welcome them to Adam's farm. 
 
 I made pennants with fabric from Hobby Lobby.

This page was for the guests to write a little message to Adam so we could remember who came to his first birthday. 
 
 
The birthday boy woke up from his nap shortly after some of the quests arrived.

My mom has done candy guessing games as long as I can remember.  I have to carry on the tradition with my kids because it is so much fun.  The guests had to guess how many Jolly Ranchers were in the jar.   

For this party I decided to have pigs in a blanket, chicken nuggets, veggies, Old MacDonald's Mac and Cheese and berries.  My mom made the little horse finger puppets in the cup.  She put a candy stick in it for each kid to take home.

The white fences around the food are from Hobby Lobby.
 
I used a burlap table runner to put under the food.



On the dessert/drink table I had rice krispie hay bales and Oreo wagon wheels.  Thank you Aunt RuthAnne for bringing the wagon wheels.:)  We had lemonade and water to drink.
The cute signs in the white IKEA frames I printed here for free!
 
On the table I made a little farm display.  I put a shoebox on top of a red plastic tablecloth and then draped a piece of cow print fabric over the box.  On top of the box I put a barn and plastic farm animals. 
 
Let the party begin!

 
  
 Adam loved the mac and cheese Aunt RuthAnne made.:)  Here is Aunt Courtney feeding him some.

 I will be back soon to show you the rest of Adam's fun party!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment