Sunday, January 3, 2016

Preschool in December

We had a lot of fun in preschool in the month of December! 
 
We have been learning about Tommy Triangle.  We made triangles with popsicle sticks.  The girls loved this and wanted to make more than one!  They are really enjoying the shapes from my 2D pack.  You can check it out here.

C is for Comb
We painted with combs for letter c week.  The girls thought this was so much fun. 

 
C is for Cookies
Of course we had to make cookies for c week.  The girls could not wait.  I had the girls use IKEA kid cups to roll out the dough.  It worked out great as long as we had flour on it. 

 
 
 
While the cookies were baking the girls made colored frosting.  They put in the food coloring and mixed until they changed the frosting to the color.
 
 
 
Now it was time to frost the cookies.
 
 
Popsicle sticks make an excellent 'knife' for little ones to spread frosting.
 


 
For our shape picture letter book we made a cookie complete with triangle chocolate chips.
`
 
 We built our name with light bulbs for the month of December.  On the last day, before winter break, the girls glued their names on the light string.  I am currently working on a Year Round Name Building product.  It will hopefully be posted to my TPT store soon.;)

 
 Our color for the month was green.  We brainstormed green things and colored our green flip book.  The flip books and color poster can be found here in my TPT store.
 

 I love to make a portfolio with my students throughout the school year.  Portfolios are a great way to showcase their best work and most importantly to see their growth.  We decorated a tree for our December page. 
 

 We learned the song, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer so we made a Rudolph craft.            
The girls loved it!

 
 
 We have been doing a lot of sorting in preschool.  For this activity we sorted shape ornaments on trees.  The girls were able to take the sorting game home after we sorted together as a class.  You can check out this sorting activity here.
 
 

 S is for sandwich and Santa
We did our S rainbow writing.  The girls are becoming pros at rainbow writing.:)
 

 We helped Santa, in colored suits, sort his toys. 

 

 We made a candy cane card for our parents.  I love how this card turns out.  All you have to do is make a candy cane shape out of glue, and then the students will place red and white paper on it.
 

 
  
 For the last day of Preschool, before Winter Break, we had our Polar Express Day.  My little cuties were so excited to wear their new pajamas.  Emma in Minnie Mouse pjs and Adam in Mickey Mouse.

We first read, The Polar Express book.  When I say read I really mean summarized the book.  It is way too long for my little preschoolers.  They loved listening to the story.:)  Then we played Polar Express bingo with Cherrio markers.
 
  Adam had fun dumping the Cherries out of the bowl and then putting them back in.            
He is such a cutie!

Then the girls colored a girl in pajamas to look like them.
 
We made a wreath ornament from Oriental Trading.
 
 I think the highlight of the day though was the candy train. 
 Both girls were able to design their own train. 



 
 We made a handprint wreath for their parent gift.  I made this with my Kindergarteners the first few years of teaching before we made something different.  I had to do this with my preschoolers though because their hands are the perfect size.  To make this gift you will need: Wal-Mart towels, wooden dowels, red and green paint, small red bows, and yarn.  It is so cute as a decoration in the kitchen.
 
I folded the towel in half and included a cute poem about their handprint wreath for their parents. 
 
 The girls wrapped the gift for their mom and dad.  They did a great job!

 
 
 Wow!  That was a long post.  If you read to the very end thank you!  Have a wonderful day.:)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't want this post to end! I love all the ideas. I bet they love your class!

    ReplyDelete